Best Whitening Mouthwash
Find the best whitening mouthwash to keep your breath fresh, your teeth bacteria free and your smile as bright as possible.
The cleaning of your teeth and gums can so easily become the most overlooked part of your daily routine.
Teeth seem so impervious to damage and yet neglecting your oral hygiene will have real consequences. This will impact not only your physical health but also your self-image.
Studies have shown that poor oral health can lead to or contribute to heart disease, strokes, diabetes, and respiratory issues.
Our smiles are typically one of the first things people notice of each other.
Consequently, your oral health, or lack thereof, can be quickly noticed by the people we meet and talk to.
The foundation of any oral hygiene begins with the brushing of your teeth.
However, brushing alone is not enough.
Along with frequent flossing, the daily use of a quality mouthwash or mouth rinse product should become part of your oral health routine.
A good quality teeth whitening rinse is designed to perform two main tasks, namely combating bacteria and whitening or enhancing the whiteness of your teeth.
While brushing and flossing will remove most food particles from around your teeth and gums, a good quality mouthwash will flush away those tiny particles of food that brushing and flossing cannot reach.
Additional ingredients will provide the added benefits:
- Stronger teeth
- Healthier teeth
- Healthier gums
- Fresh breath
Anti-bacterial properties will combat bacteria in the mouth and throat. These are usually the cause of bad breath.
Fluorides will help maintain the strength and health of your teeth.
A quick and easy 30-60 second rinse and gargle twice a day, either before brushing or after, will go a long way in preventing that expensive visit to the dentist for major work.
As with brushing and flossing, long term benefits from the use of a quality mouthwash whitening product can only be realized from regular usage.
We will run through the points that you need to take into consideration before you purchase the best whitening mouthwash for you and your teeth.
Best Whitening Mouthwash Amazon Products
- 16-fluid ounce bottle of whitening fluoride mouthwash in Fresh Mint flavor to improve oral health by helping to prevent cavities and freshen breath while removing stains
- Fluoride-rich mouthwash offers six benefits in one to kill germs that cause bad breath, strengthen teeth, help prevent cavities, restore enamel, clean your mouth and freshen breath
- This mouthwash formula helps prevent cavities, restore enamel, and strengthen your teeth to improve oral health
- Anticavity mouthwash helps to make teeth 50% stronger than brushing alone, according to laboratory studies, while featuring a Fresh Mint flavor that freshens breath
- With approximately 4 weeks of supply, help protect your teeth & remove stains by adding a 60-second rinse of this whitening mouthwash to your morning and evening oral care routines
- Four 32-fluid ounce bottles of whitening mouthwash
- Clean mint flavor
- Alcohol Free
- If you’re not completely satisfied, we’ll refund the full amount of your purchase. No returns necessary.
- An Amazon brand
- Strengthens while you whiten
- From the makers of White strips
- Strengthens tooth enamel
- Safely whitens teeth with brushing by removing surface stains
- Kills bad breath germs
- WANT WHITER TEETH? Bee Naturals Whitening Pre-Brush, Oral Rinse will whiten your teeth with regular use and with no harmful chemicals. GENTLY WHITENS TEETH - Bee Naturals Whitening Pre-Brush Oral Rinse gently whitens teeth and aids in thorough cleaning of teeth and mouth with regular use. This natural formula contains no alcohol or artificial sweeteners, color or preservatives.
- MAKES YOUR MOUTH FEEL ALIVE - Bee Naturals Whitening Pre-Brush Oral Rinse will give you confidence in your smile with naturally white teeth.
- YOU DESERVE A BEAUTIFUL SMILE - Our whitening pre-brush is designed to gently whiten teeth while leaving your breath fresh as a daisy. Easy to use morning and night before brushing your teeth. All natural way to brighter and more beautiful smile.
- LEAPING BUNNY CERTIFIED - All of our products and ingredients are certified by Leaping Bunny to be free of animal testing.
- MADE WITH GREAT INGREDIENTS - Purified water, hydrogen peroxide, 3%, U.S.P, vegetable glycerin, potassium sorbate, chlorophyll, naturals spearmint oil, xylitol, stevia and propolis.
- Advanced Whitening Experience
- Peroxide and Alcohol free
- Whiter Smile in 7 days with brushing by removing surface stains
- From the makers of Whitestrips
- Crest 3D White provides you with a whiter smile - guaranteedif you're not satisfied with your results, Crest 3D White will refund your purchase. See details on pack.
- Mouthwash kills bad breath germs
- Safely whitens teeth with brushing by removing surface stains
- Helps prevent cavities
- Strengthens enamel
- Freshens breath
- Exclusive Whitelock Technology helps protect against future stains.
- Triple-action** formula whitens by removing surface stains.**Triple-action benefits: 1. Whitens teeth 2. Protects against surface stains 3. Kills bad breath germs.
- Protects against future stains. Suggested Age: 12 Years and Up
- Whitens smile in 2 days*.*Whitens teeth by removing surface stains when using Crest 3D White Luxe Glamorous White toothpaste, 3D White mouthwash and Oral-B 3D White Pro-Flex toothbrush together
- Fresh Mint flavor freshens breath.
- High Impact White Teeth Whitening Mouthwash
- Effective Hydrogen Peroxide Whitening Formula
- Actively Whitens Teeth and WhiteSeal Technology Helps to Prevent Future Stains
- Kills Bad Breath Germs and Bacteria
- Alcohol-Free Mouthwash (Does not contain ethanol)
- MADE WITH NATURAL INGREDIENTS: Our formula (which has no alcohol) consists of organic coconut oil, aloe vera, activated charcoal and non-acidic Vitamin C, which helps promote and restore healthy gums.
- WHITENING WITH ACTIVATED CHARCOAL: Our mouthwash contains coconut activated charcoal, which has no pigment; get the benefits of activated charcoal oral care without the mess! It works like magic eliminating odors in your mouth instantly, and giving you a bright smile!
- GREAT TASTE & NATURAL: Revitalize your breath with a cool, exhilarating, minty fresh taste! One dose of this mouthwash will freshen your breath instantly, without leaving it feeling sensitive. We use no artificial flavors, colors, or sweeteners.
- SAFE TO SWALLOW: Dr. Brite's mouthwash is an essential product for kids just starting their oral care! Our 100% edible ingredients make our mouthwash okay to swallow, just in case, so there is no need to worry! Not just for kids though; great for anyone in the family!
- DRY MOUTH RELIEF: Our ingredients like organic coconut oil and aloe vera helps prevent dryness. Dr. Brite's mouthwash leaves your mouth feeling nourished, rather than tight, stinging or dry.
- Safely whitens teeth
- Kills the germs that cause bad breath
- Helps protect against stains
- Clean mint flavor
- If you like Crest 3D White Multi-care Whitening Rinse, we invite you to try Mountain Falls Alcohol-free Clean Mint Whitening Mouthwash
Using A Mouthwash Effectively
While you might not have any questions regarding the brushing and flossing of your teeth, you may have questions regarding the effective use of mouthwash.
Are you considering adding a mouthwash or have recently added one to your daily oral hygiene routine?
Here are a couple of common questions that are asked about using a mouthwash that whitens teeth.
Should a mouthwash be used prior to or after brushing?
The best answer is to check the recommendations on the product label for the brand you are considering or using.
If the product label does not make any recommendations – before or after brushing is completely up to you.
How often should I make use of a tooth whitening mouthwash?
Daily is the simple answer, but it’s best to follow the brand recommendations on the product label. However, in the absence of any, it depends on why you are choosing to use a mouthwash.
If your reason is to combat the build-up of plaque and freshen breath, then the recommendation is to use an antibacterial mouthwash twice a day.
If you want the benefit of teeth strengthening fluorides, then the use of a simple fluoride mouthwash once a day will be enough.
Remember that while a quality mouthwash is beneficial, it should never be a replacement for daily brushing and flossing.
Do not stop brushing twice a day and flossing once a day even after you start using a mouthwash.
Does Using A Mouthwash Replace The Need For Brushing?
Brushing is the foundation for any oral hygiene routine. The strong mechanical action of brushing is the first step in keeping your teeth and gums clean.
This is aided by the abrasive properties of all toothpaste brands. Your toothpaste may look and feel like a smooth paste, but it actually contains abrasive ingredients. These will either be in the form of earthly compounds or a combination of these and very tiny plastic pellets.
Even a premium quality mouthwash cannot be effective in the dislodging of large food particles. In addition, being a liquid – your mouthwash cannot effectively scrub and/or polish the surface of teeth like the combination of your toothpaste and toothbrush.
Another reason why your mouthwash can never replace brushing is due to the limited time a mouthwash is used.
30-60 seconds is enough time for a mouthwash to complete its designed purpose.
This is far less than the 3-5 minutes of brushing recommended for proper cleaning of your teeth and gums.
Teeth Whitening Mouthwash Guide
With so many brands on the store shelves, you might be wondering which product is the best mouthwash to whiten teeth.
Apart from those that use natural ingredients to help whiten your teeth, the majority of teeth whitening mouthwash products use the same active ingredient as your dentist.
Just at lower levels of concentration. The premium brands will use hydrogen peroxide while the cheaper brands will use carbamide peroxide.
This does the same job except that it reacts with water first to produce hydrogen peroxide. Hydrogen peroxide works by bleaching your teeth to their original color.
The three recommendations of use below will help you to start seeing results within a month or two.
Consistency is the key.
Using your whitening mouthwash twice every day, either before or after brushing. You will start seeing effective results.
Since you need to use your whitening rinse on a daily basis, it is advisable to purchase the larger quantity bottles. Stick to it for at least 3 months.
Forgetting now and then won’t be a big deal, so no need to worry.
Many brands will recommend that you rinse for a full minute.
Whitening mouthwashes are a specialty product and you need to give the active ingredient time to do its job.
If your mouthwash contains alcohol it may be difficult to rinse for as long as one minute.
It is OK to work up to sixty seconds over the course of a few weeks.
The active ingredients in your mouthwash continue to work for up to thirty minutes after use.
It is recommended that you do not brush, drink or eat for half an hour after rinsing.
If your preference is to use your mouthwash before brushing, then make it the first step in your morning routine.
By the time you have completed the rest of your morning routine your thirty minutes will be up and you can eat and brush your teeth.
How Effective Is Your Whitening Mouthwash?
Many brands of whitening mouthwash will allow you to see effective results within 2-3 months of consistent usage.
The brands that use hydrogen peroxide are generally better than those that use carbamide peroxide. You should see results more quickly.
Getting your teeth professionally whitened by your dentist will always provide the best results.
But a mouthwash for white teeth is many times cheaper. They can whiten your teeth by a few shades depending on how stained your teeth are.
Cutting back on those foods that can stain your teeth, such as, beets, berries, and curries to name some, will help.
The same can be said for those stain-causing drinks. Coffee and tea, red wine and clear sodas.
Even if you eliminated these from your diet, your teeth will still discolor and yellow over time. Yellow teeth are due to genetics and aging.
Consistent usage of a teeth brightening mouthwash will go a long way to helping you keep that bright, white smile.
What To Look For In A Whitening Mouthwash?
As mentioned above, the best teeth whitener mouthwash will employ the active ingredient hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide.
Both will provide the same bleaching action, but hydrogen peroxide will typically do it more quickly. This is the same ingredient used in more professional teeth whitening processes.
Your mouthwash will contain lower concentrations though.
You will want to find a product that is alcohol-free.
Even though alcohol will help to combat the bacteria in your mouth, for many that intense burning sensation is very unpleasant. Alcohol will also dry out your mouth.
Many brands of mouthwashes will also contain some type of fluoride, usually in the form of sodium fluoride. This compound is to help strengthen your teeth.
Additional ingredients may be:
- Lemon Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Vitamin C
- Green Tea Extract
Many of these ingredients will help to soothe, protect and freshen breath.
Tips For Sensitive Teeth
The bleaching agents in most whitening mouthwash brands can be a problem for those with sensitive teeth and/or gums or those who may be sensitive to the peroxide agents.
There are brands specifically for those with sensitivity. These will simply have the bleaching ingredients present at lower concentrations.
If the use of a whitening mouthwash for sensitive teeth is still causing discomfort you can try using the product with more days between each rinse instead of daily.
This will allow your teeth and gums time to recover between usage. You should find your sensitivity decreasing over time.
If sensitivity does not decrease, you could try some of the other teeth whitening products.
If you have sensitive teeth and/or gums you should consult with your dentist before using any teeth whitening product, including mouthwashes.
The alcohol in some teeth whitening mouthwashes will also cause discomfort to those with sensitivity.
However, products formulated for those with sensitive teeth should be alcohol-free.
Lets find out what the best mouthwash for white teeth will have in its formula.
The right ingredients are necessary for the best results.
Alcohol is still a common ingredient in many whitening rinses, including those for teeth whitening.
The alcohol is employed as a mouth sanitizer to help combat the bacteria. They are responsible for the acid and toxin build-up in the mouth after eating.
The bacteria is the cause of gingivitis and bad breath.
However, for many people, alcohol produces an unpleasant burning sensation.
If you are one of the users who dislike this type of discomfort there are alcohol-free brands that use an anti-bacterial ingredient instead.
Most teeth whitening mouthwashes use the bleaching agents’ hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide.
This the same agent used by your dentist when he or she professionally whitens your teeth. They work by oxygenating the surface of your teeth.
This process helps to remove the discoloration and/or stains.
These ingredients require consistent usage over 2-3 months. This is because they are at a much lower concentration than those used by your dentist.
To help keep your teeth as white as possible most teeth brightening mouthwashes will include fluoride, usually in the form of sodium fluoride.
Fluoride helps strengthen the enamel on your teeth.
With the cleaning action of the peroxide and the strengthening action of the fluoride, your teeth should resist the natural discoloration and staining introduced by your diet and/or smoking.
As long as you keep using the product.
An ingredient that has been trending is activated charcoal.
While formulated differently, it works in the same way as the product used by hospitals and clinics to combat incidents of poisoning.
The particles of charcoal are porous and absorb or bind with the compounds and/or toxins that can stain your teeth.
It is an ingredient that is added as a replacement for the bleaching agents hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide.
Oils used will vary from brand to brand. Essential oils used can include multiple ingredients such as:
- Methyl Salicylate
- Green Tea extract
Typically these are added for their various properties:
- Breath freshening properties
Is there a mouthwash for whitening?
There are several whitening mouthwashes on the market today. They have extra ingredients added to their formula to help brighten your teeth as well as do the usual good things for your teeth health.
How often can you use whitening mouthwash?
You can use a whitening mouthwash daily. The longer you use the product the more effective the results will be on a long term basis.
How long after brushing can I use mouthwash?
You can use mouthwash straight after brushing your teeth. Rinse your mouth for approximately 30 - to 60 seconds with your choice of mouthwash. You can rinse with water afterward if you wish and you are ready to go.
Is it better to use mouthwash in the morning or at night?
You can use a mouthwash once or twice a day, either in the morning or evening - or both. The night use will keep the bacteria and plaque build-up at bay whilst you are sleeping. The morning use will get rid of any bacteria build-up from overnight and freshen your breath for the rest of the day.
How long does it take to whiten teeth with mouthwash?
You will see positive results using a good quality whitening mouthwash consistently after 2 to 3 months. Everyone is different though. It also depends on how stained or discolored your teeth were, to begin with.